Shop Manager – Career Opportunity
We are no longer accepting applications for this position, as of February 5, 2017.
The Shop Manager is a professional who plans, directs, and coordinates all of the Makerspace’s internal operations. This individual possesses a high standard of organization and precision in overseeing general daily activities, programs, staff, and projects with the goal of improving efficiency and impact of the Makerspace through effective methods and strategies.
- Manages training and development of staff and specialists
- Recruits manufacturing professionals for participation in operations and projects
- Consults with the Education Director on instructional scheduling, and other relevant education resources
- Improves operational systems, processes, and best practices that guarantee organizational well- being including oversight of inventory and manufacturing processes
- Provides reports on operations to the Executive Director
- Examines financial data/statements to improve efficiency and technical inventory
- Contributes to the achievement of the Makerspace’s strategic and operational objectives
- Provides support to clients and members
- Works with Education Director to align instructional objectives with client needs
- Oversees staff scheduling
- Proven work experience as a shop manager or equivalent
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget knowledge and oversight experience
- Familiar with business and financial principles and practices
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and organizational skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent work/managerial experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of MCEIVR, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MCEIVR, Inc.will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
MCEIVR’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and directives.