The Education Director for McEIVR, Inc. fills an engaging role in an exciting and innovative program at MakerspaceCT. Duties range from programmatic and curricular development to grant writing and allow substantial latitude for the right candidate to make this position their own. This individual will have oversight of instructor recruitment, development, and assessment, as well as class and student success.
Education Director will support the development of Connecticut’s next-generation STEM/manufacturing workforce through short, high-impact programming at CredentialingCT, McEIVR’s workforce development program.
In addition, the Education Director will have a significant community outreach role for the development of partners and programs. Finally, the Education Director will assist in the development and writing of grants.
● Program Ideation & Development
● Curriculum Development
● Course Outline Review/Approval
● Instructor recruitment, review, and assessment
● Identification of partners, development of educational collaborations.
● Oversight of classroom equipment
● Evaluation of classroom instruction
● Partnering with Registrar/Social Media Manager to coordinate and track student registrations and completion of required documentation
● Development of appropriate rubrics for measuring success of classes and student participation
● Assisting in grant narrative and program ideation
● Collaboration with the Chief Administrator in assessing the viability and relevance of potential grants
● Provide appropriate reports to the Executive Director
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with program and curriculum development
● Knowledge of classroom instruction and assessment
● Ability to think creatively
● Desire to learn a little bit about everything, especially manufacturing and making tools and technologies.
● This position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the specified field.
Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of McEIVR, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, McEIVR, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Click Here To Download Job Description
The headquarters for the Maker Movement in Connecticut.
Our mission is to positively impact lives by enabling access, innovation, and education.
Location: 960 Main St, Hartford, CT
Main Entrance: 36 Talcott St, Hartford CT (Get Directions)
We are operating at reduced capacity for July – Aug 2022.
New Operating Hours (starting 7/22): Fri: 10am-9pm / Sat: 10am-6pm / Sun – Thurs: CLOSED
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER: Check our website homepage or Facebook and Twitter for updates for possible changes to our hours of operation.
Wed, Nov 23, 2022: Closing at 5:00 p.m.
Thu, Nov 24, 2022: CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING
Sat, Dec 24, 2022: Closing at 5:00 p.m.
Sun, Dec 25, 2022: CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS
Sat, Dec 31, 2022: Closing at 5:00 p.m.
Sun, Jan 1, 2023: CLOSED FOR NEW YEAR'S DAY
MakerspaceCT is a program of McEIVR, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit.