Health and Safety Update: Mask-optional starting April 1, 2022
MakerspaceCT will shift to mask-optional status for all members, students, staff, and visitors effective Friday, April 1, 2022.
Guidance and data from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the CT Department of Public Health (DPH) indicate that facilities may operate safely without a universal masking requirement.
Please continue to keep these important considerations in mind:
- Masks are still recommended to protect your respiratory system when working in all shops where there is a risk for dust exposure.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, or if you are identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, please follow the current CDC guidelines and make sure you have completed all necessary steps, or completed the recommended quarantine, before returning to MakerspaceCT.
- As always, it’s extremely important that you do not come to MakerspaceCT if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever of 100.0°F or above, or feeling feverish
- New uncontrolled cough
- New loss of taste or smell
- Other significant symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, congestion that are different from your baseline health
For up-to-date info on COVID-19 Guidance, click here. Thank you for your cooperation as we transition to a mask-optional policy.