NEW ENGLAND MAKER SUMMIT
How Making Matters
November 17, 2017, 9:30 am – 4 pm
Gengras Student Union | University of Hartford
The New England Maker Summit returns for a second year of celebrating maker skills, cutting-edge innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit.
For 2017, we will explore “How Making Matters” with a deep dive into the advanced technologies and educational techniques that shape how we create, work and learn in the 21st century.
New England Maker Summit is an exposition of creativity, imagination and ingenuity that shines a spotlight on the Maker movement. Curious minds will come together to explore ideas, share knowledge and answer questions:
How can companies and the public get involved in the Maker Movement?
Where will the future talent pool of Makers come from?
Who will create the next startup using 3D Printing, CNC machining or computer-aided casting?
What can we do to increase Connecticut’s competitive edge in the global economy?
Join a gathering of learners & leaders, entrepreneurs & teachers, crafters & coders, engineers & artists. New England Maker Summit is a destination for inquisitive and enterprising people who love learning, are eager to share what they do and want to interact with like-minded enthusiasts.
Executive Director, Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence, United Technologies Research Center
Editor-in-Chief of Popular Mechanics
Gubernatorial Candidate Forum moderated by Dennis House:
Eyewitness News anchor and Face the State moderator, WSFB
Choose From Two Dynamic Tracks:
Featured Education Track Speakers: Cristol Kapp
- Learn the 1-2-3 of creating a Maker Program in your library, classroom, or educational venue
- Find available resources including curriculum, kits, learning platforms, trade literature, websites, and more
- Listen, learn, and interact with those who have paved the way
, school librarian from Chattanooga, TN; Gene Sherman, founder of Vocademy
in Riverside, CA; Casey LaPlante
, library media specialist at Granby High School.
BUSINESS & MANUFACTURING TRACK
- Learn how to utilize Making to help solve the skills gap
- Nurture Makers as the future talent pool in workforce development while simultaneously fostering creativity and learning in current employees in fun, accessible ways
- Utilizing rapid iteration solutions like 3D printing, CNC machining, and computer-aided casting to increase your competitive edge in engaging large companies and manufacturers
SPONSORSHIP & EXHIBITING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
NOVEMBER 17, 2017
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
University of Hartford
Gengras Student Union
200 Bloomfield Ave
West Hartford, CT 06117
MORE DETAILS ON THEW DAY'S EVENTS COMING SOON!
The headquarters for the Maker Movement in Connecticut. Coming in 2018!
MakerspaceCT is a program of McEIVR, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit.