The MakerspaceCT workspace provides information and access to tools and technology for local inventors, innovators, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, hobbyists, and students. It is a springboard for innovation and a new way to boost careers and interest in traditional and advanced manufacturing, technology, hardware development and preparation to function in Industry 4.0.
The demand for a facility like this has been spurred by strong, recent growth in small business manufacturing, technological innovation, DIY activities and the growing innovation ecosystem supporting local incubators, such as those taking root in Hartford, and Connecticut, currently.
MakerspaceCT will be a valuable community resource by providing a large, well-equipped space where people and projects will thrive, offering classes for all types of equipment and tools needed to make or manufacture prototypes, cosplay, hobbies or artistic projects.
What You’ll See When MakerspaceCT Launches
MakerspaceCT is slated to include more than a dozen shops on-site, providing access to various equipment. Many will be on site from Day One, when MakerspaceCT launches in April:
- Machine shop with Haas TM1P milling center, two conventional machining Bridgeports with DROs and two lathes
- Welding shop with Arc, Mig, Tig, Plasma cutting, and blacksmithing
- Woodshop with CNC wood router, Saw Stop industrial table saw, panel saw, large planer and jointer, shaper, bandsaws and much more
- Electronics and robotics shop with a comprehensive selection of components and parts in stock, high-quality meters and test equipment, PCB board milling machine
- Digital Fabrication shop, including several commercial 3D printers with different technologies, laser cutters, wide format printers and cutting machines, well-equipped computer lab with leading software packages including SOLIDWORKS and Mastercam and fiber optic internet connection
- Metal fabrication shop with sheet metal forming tools, iron worker machine, hydraulic tube bender, notcher, industrial cut-off, and band saws, polishing and grinding equipment
- Plastic injection machine, heater bender, vacuum former, and vacuum bagging machine
- Fiber Arts industrial sewing equipment.
MakerspaceCT’s grand opening will be April 13, 2019. RSVP for the event here.
To learn more about MakerspaceCT, click here.
To learn more about membership, click here.